Lasallians worldwide gather to define the future of the Institute.
The 46th General Chapter of the Brothers of the Christian Schools (De La Salle Brothers) is taking place from 1-22 May at the Generalate in Rome, Italy. Here are five interesting facts about the #FSC46GC
- The decisions of the General Chapter directly influence the life of the 3,116 Lasallian Brothers, the 1,125 ministries that make up the Educational Mission and the governance of the Institute.
- 86 representatives from the five Regions and 31 Districts in which the Institute is organised worldwide are taking part. Find out about the Capitulants by clicking here. https://fsc46gc.lasalle.org/miembros-del-capitulo-2/?lang=en
- The Chapter is a multicultural and multilingual assembly, reflecting the diversity of a global Institute. Representatives from 79 countries or territories participate and although the official languages are French, Spanish and English, more than 15 different languages or dialects can be heard in the corridors.
- The Chapter is the result of a process of reflection and analysis in which hundreds of Lasallians from all over the world have participated in recent years through the International Assembly of the Lasallian Educational Mission, the International Symposium of Young Lasallians, the International Assembly of Young Brothers and the International Strategic Committee.
- As the highest decision-making body of the Institute, the Chapter defines the plans, programmes and projects for the next seven years and elects the new Superior General and his Council, responsible for animating and coordinating all Lasallians around the world to achieve the commitments. Find out how the Superior General is elected by clicking here. https://fsc46gc.lasalle.org/how-is-the-brother-superior-elected-2/?lang=en
The 46th General Chapter is an opportunity to define the new paths that will allow us to continue transforming lives.